Choosing a reliable mold inspector in NYC is similar to finding a reliable doctor or mechanic. It takes some time and work, and mistakes and poor decisions can occur even with that effort. However, you can still improve your chances. We recommend getting a price quote from at least two (ideally more) mold inspection providers. We propose that you ask the following questions during the pricing quote:
Ask Your Mold Inspector or Company These Questions
- What credentials do you have to conduct mold testing in Suffolk County?
- What accreditations does your firm hold? What are your mold inspectors’ qualifications?
(Note: Question about any certification requirements they have, either as a company or for the personnel who will be executing the work. There are numerous certificates available, with some demanding significantly more effort than others. Some are presumably pretty basic and, regrettably, do not imply qualification to conduct a mold check. Furthermore, while some may necessitate a significant amount of effort, they are unrelated to mold and have no bearing on it. Take time to look up the requirements for any certifications they list on the internet.)
- In the previous year, how many mold inspections did the person who will inspect my property perform? What is their experience in this field?
- How much do you charge per hour?
- What is your perspective toward mold sampling?
(Tip: You are on the lookout for potential conflicts of interest. Is mold testing always recommended by the mold inspector? Or does he say that mold testing is not necessary in some cases?)
- How much does each air and surface mold sample cost?
- How many mold samples do you take on a regular basis?
- Do you conduct your own mold sample analysis? Do you have any experience with mold removal?
(Tip: You are on the lookout for potential conflicts of interest. They have a vested purpose in locating mold to clean up if they also provide remediation.)
- If you send work to mold remediators, do you get any kickbacks, commissions, or referral fees?
- How long has the mold removal company you recommend been in operation, and what are their credentials?
- How long has your mold lab been in operation, and what are the qualifications of the lab?
- Do you have any references from recent work that I may call to inquire about how the job went?
- What are your terms of payment?
(Tip: Paying for the complete mold testing job upfront should be avoided.)
Make sure you are comfortable with the company you will be working with in terms of communication and general manner. You should feel certain that your queries are being taken seriously, that you are being handled with respect, and that the mold inspection firm is looking out for your best interests.
It is recommended to choose a mold testing company like Mold Testing NY. They will ensure the best services are provided to you. You will get 100% results. Connect with them now!